UK-based arts consultancy BON Culture is merging with US-based TRG Arts to create an international firm focused on increasing the resilience of the arts sector. From March 2017 the company will be known throughout the world as TRG Arts, with the former BON team establishing TRG’s UK and Europe office.
The integration of BON’s team enhances TRG’s position as the world’s leading experts in patron loyalty and demand management for the arts. A new office in London will better serve existing and new consulting clients in the UK and Europe. The new office will also continue to deliver major industry conferences and provide subsidized support services to the National Campaign for the Arts (NCA).
Dive into building a subscription campaign to increase "predictable recurring revenue" while boosting patron retention and creating a community. Despite popular beliefs, subscriptions aren't dead and continue to provide consistent revenue streams. Learn how to optimize your subscription packages to increase renewals and upgrades. See how other arts & cultural organizations are achieving great results from changes that are easy to implement and then start thinking about how you are going to increase: Renewal, Reactivating and Recruiting.
TRG Arts is collaborating with Blackbaud Arts and Cultural Group to bring you valuable tips and strategies with our new on-demand webinar series: Ignite.
“What should we be paying attention to?”
TRG gets this — and similar questions — often. As a firm that operates in four countries with a variety of clients, we have a catbird seat to the latest industry trends each year. In 2016, the trends that caught our attention included:
- The importance of “integrated patron loyalty”
- How to make a business model based on subscription thrive
- Why arts organizations should use data to program a balanced season
- The reasons that arts marketers still place low-return marketing ads, and what you can do stop the practice
Still craving more? Below are our most popular posts from 2016. We thank you, our loyal readers, who continue to inspire, teach, and engage with our content. And, we thank the many clients who have collaborated with us to tell their story of organizational change and revenue results.
The story of 3 arts organizations
Despite widespread reports of the subscription’s decline, these loyalty programs continue to generate a large amount of revenue for performing arts organizations. Knowing what we know about audiences in 2016, what strategies are proven to help the subscription succeed? TRG Arts is proud to bring you the stories of three arts organizations that have defied conventional wisdom by growing subscriptions:
- The performing arts center with an already-strong subscription base…whose focused campaign has grown new subscription revenue by 36%over the last two years.
- The theater that was selling more and more small packages each season…which upgraded 20% of their small package subscribers to full packages.
- The orchestra whose subscriptions had been in decline for years…whose upgrade and renewal rates are now the best they’ve been in recent memory.
Their secret? A simple, radical idea: when you commit to selling subscriptions, arts lovers will subscribe.