TRG Arts hires the
best and brightest.
Getting results for TRG Arts clients requires a talented staff team. We look for team members who can contribute to our expertise, advance our intellectual curiosity, and share our passion for the arts.
We are always interested in finding great people who may want to work at TRG Arts in the future. If you don't see a position you qualify for, please send your resume and cover letter as attachments to
Senior Consultant, posted April 14, 2014
Reports to: Director of Consulting
Positions Supervised: No direct reports at this time. Project oversight of Consulting Analysts’ and Associate Consultants’ activities specifically related to Senior Consultant’s portfolio of clients
About TRG Arts:
TRG Arts is a results-driven consulting firm that helps arts and entertainment organizations achieve increased, sustained revenue and loyal patronage. Our firm counsels some 1,000 client organizations – orchestras, arts centers, museums, festivals, Broadway presenters, opera, dance, and theatre companies – across North America, and now extending abroad to Australia and the UK.
Informed by data, TRG consultants guide growth to achieve results. TRG’s ongoing study of patron transactions and behavior informs understanding of arts and entertainment consumers—who they are and how they invest their time and money. TRG applies that knowledge to each client situation, using data to craft strategy and find the most actionable means for each client to optimize revenue, increase and sustain loyal participation.
Over the past two decades, TRG’s data-based consulting practices have earned our firm distinction as:
- Pioneers in pricing strategies that increase revenues and consistently create a perception of success,
- Leaders in patron loyalty development that sustains institutional growth, and
- Innovators of direct marketing techniques for the Digital Age.
TRG also is America’s largest provider of community database networks. Permission-based data sharing communities are a powerful information resource that fuels patron development, advocacy, and data analysis for 22 TRG-managed data communities and their member organizations.
The Senior Consultant is a career position at TRG – a leader and active member of the client service team that delivers TRG’s data-driven, best practice counsel aimed at achieving revenue and patronage results for each client. Overseen by TRG’s Director of Consulting, the Senior Consultant:
- Serves a designated portfolio of consulting partnerships ranging from full-service to abbreviated contract, project, and database service clients.
- Manages each relationship from start-up through each contracted phase of each client’s agreement and work plan.
- Provides lead counsel on behalf of TRG to designated clients in-person and off-site on critical revenue and patron loyalty strategies and their implementation.
- Maintain expertise and impart counsel on TRG’s core consulting practices, including:
- Subscription and single ticket campaign development and management.
- Demand-based pricing and scale of hall planning and implementation.
- Inventory management.
- Sales and service management.
- Patron loyalty cultivation and development.
- Resource allocation.
- Formally and regularly assess client progress, challenges, and the overall effectiveness of the client-TRG working relationship to determine risk, opportunity and needs.
- Write and deliver articulate, instructive contact reports within 10 business days of client visit.
- Master and deploy TRG’s suite of consulting tools to monitor and project ticket and annual fund sales, marketing and annual fund cost of sale ratios and direct response results for clients.
- Keep assigned TRG staff leader advised of all discussions with and actions taken on behalf of clients.
- Prepare and deliver to client staff and volunteer leadership overall assessment presentations including audit findings, specific campaign results and strategic action plans.
- Participate in regular consulting team assessments and strategic counsel development for all TRG clients as part of a colleague team. This includes the Client Service Department’s regular telephone conferences, scheduled bi-weekly on Monday mornings.
- Share experience and expertise on all areas of TRG’s consultancy for the purpose of internal professional development and cross-training TRG colleagues.
- Adhere to TRG consulting procedures and protocols, including per-client time standards.
- Uphold the TRG brand in client service and relentless focus on producing overall revenue and patron results.
- Through solid relationship management and regular evaluation of client’s progress and needs, assess and report to supervisor client opportunity, risk and retention factors. Actively participate as needed in client contract discussions.
- Provide constructive evaluation of team members (associates) to ensure proper protocols and practices are being upheld on behalf of TRG.
- As assigned by Director of Consulting, lead TRG’s weekly Client Service Department call.
- Participate in weekly check-in call with supervisor.
- Provide subject-matter expertise, operational and tactical client support as needed, to fellow team members and to VP, Consulting Services.
- By invitation, provide creative input and participatory thinking to TRG’s Management Team.
Qualifications and Requirements
The candidate must have:
- A minimum of eight years cumulative experience in executive-level arts management positions such as Executive Director, Director or Vice President of Marketing or Development.
- A track record for successfully developing and implementing campaigns that achieved desired revenue and audience-building results.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and strategically; strong analytic and problem-solving skills are required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication that support an ability to be persuasive, motivational, and instructive with clients and team colleagues.
- Ability to give and receive evaluation and criticism constructively.
- Extraordinary attention to detail and unfailing ability to follow-through.
- Self-initiative and discipline to successfully conduct business remotely from supervisor, colleagues, and clients.
Requirements of the job:
- Willing and able to travel a minimum of two weeks per month. Some months may require more.
- Consultants must be stationary and accessible twice per week for regular client calls and specified team meetings.
- Proficient skills in Excel and use of PowerPoint presentation programs.
The ideal candidate also will have:
- Previous experience with TRG Arts.
- Earned a Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience in an area that provides a knowledge platform for marketing, communications, customer service, the arts or related field.
- Experience addressing trustees and boards of directors.
- Skill or experience in customer relationship management.
- Familiarity with TRG Arts and our consulting services.
Submit resume and cover letter to:
Lindsay Homer, Director of Consulting
90 S. Cascade Ave.
Colorado Springs, CO 80903