Help us get results for arts and cultural organizations.
TRG's staff team represents some of the best and brightest minds in the arts industry today. We look for team members who can contribute to our expertise, advance our intellectual curiosity, and share our passion for the arts.
Data Insights Analyst
Reports to: Director of Data Operations and Applications
Positions Supervised: None as of now
Employment Type: Full-time
Priority Application Deadline: January 31, 2020. The position will remain open until filled.
Location and Work Eligibility: Applicants based in the United States or the United Kingdom with permanent work authorization in either country are encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity Commitment: TRG Arts strives to be an equal opportunity employer. In matters of recruitment and employment, we will ensure that no individual receives less favorable treatment on the grounds of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We’re looking for someone passionate about telling data-driven stories and interested in leveraging and growing analytics skills to generate insights and inform decision-making on behalf of TRG Arts and its clients.
As a Data Insights Analyst, you will deliver descriptive, diagnostic, predictive, and prescriptive analytical insights as standard and custom reports and visualizations. As part of the Client Service team, you will work with team members to explore and solve complex business problems that help our clients grow patrons and revenues. Through this collaborative approach, the Analyst will make complex information and data sets understandable through rich visual formats that are insightful and actionable.
The Analyst is the primary point person for the creation of TRG’s data products as requested by the Client Service team. These products are repeatedly and routinely produced with high attention to detail. In some instances, the Analyst will interface directly with clients for delivery and product explanation.
The Analyst shall become fully knowledgeable with all aspects of TRG’s products, including processes, procedures, platforms and architecture, and shall become an expert in the TRG Data Center platform.
The Analyst shall take the initiative for ongoing process improvement to increase TRG’s operational effectiveness and profitability. This includes documenting those improvements and managing operational documentation
- Serve as an analyst for key, standard client deliverables including, but not limited to:
- New consulting project start-up analyses
- Consulting client project work plans and associated needs for each phase of consulting work
- Client-specific demand management and scale-of-house analysis using TRG’s proprietary software
- Client ticket sales and annual fund analysis on which revenue projections and results tracking are based
- Patron loyalty analysis and reports including TRG’s Patron Loyalty Index, Key Metrics, Dynamic Clusters, response and conversion reports
- Leverage automation to help interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques, and provide ongoing reports and visualizations
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources, filter and “clean” data, export and import data, and maintain databases/data systems.
- Help clients transform their business by working to create technology solutions to meet clients’ business needs. Work closely with management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Share experience and expertise in all areas of TRG’s consultancy for the purpose of internal professional development and cross-training TRG colleagues.
- Adhere to TRG consulting procedures and protocols, including per-client time standards.
- Uphold the TRG brand in client service by demonstrating a relentless focus on producing overall revenue and patron results.
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, data science, data analytics, statistics or relevant experience
- Experience with SQL Server, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Access
- Experience with data visualization tools
- Desired experience with predictive analysis tools
Skills and attributes:
- Ability to synthesize qualitative and quantitative data to arrive at data-driven conclusions and express them intuitively
- Implement data mining and research techniques
- Knowledge of statistical methods and tools
- Ability to analyze large datasets
- Strong mathematical, logical and problem-solving skills
- Constantly explores automation and reduces project lifecycle via technology, efficient querying, automation, etc.
- Ability to prioritize projects and meet deadlines; self-motivated
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Excellent interpersonal communication and client service experience
- Comfort with times of high stress, deadlines, and fast-paced situations
About TRG Arts:
TRG Arts is a results-driven consulting firm dedicated to the arts and entertainment field. We use data to develop strategies that help clients achieve the kind of results that achieve working capital and loyal patronage. In short, TRG works with clients on strategic practices for sustainability.
At TRG, we believe performing arts and cultural organizations help communities thrive. Arts and culture strengthen communities by helping people learn, heal, and simply have fun! And, it’s our arts and cultural organizations that play a specific role in curating and enabling these community experiences.
TRG Arts was created in 1995 by our late founder, Rick Lester. We are based in beautiful Colorado Springs, Colorado at the TRG Arts Center for Results. Our 35 team members believe in making change that helps arts communities thrive. The Center for Results is TRG’s learning, teaching, and consulting center in which we host clients, partners, and friends in the national and international arts and cultural sector.
Informed by data, TRG consultants and analysts guide growth to achieve results. We work with clients in these three core areas of our business:
- Consulting: TRG transforms organizations through strategies that increase organizational capacity and result in sustaining revenue growth. Through pricing, patron loyalty, and data counsel, we grow stronger, longer patron relationships and revenue.
- Data & analytics services: How can arts marketers and fundraisers build personal relationships with a database of thousands of patrons? Researching audiences informs the strategic action that can lead to increased loyalty and revenue.
- Community data networks: What if we could take all the data, from every ticketing/fundraising system in our community, and analyze it all in one place? TRG Community Networks do just this in over 20 locations throughout the U.S.
This position requires some travel.
Please send resume and cover letter via email specifying how you meet the required qualifications to TRG Arts Recruiting